The mission of Research Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is to provide a quality educational program that promotes excellence in Radiologic Technology and produces competent, professional, and compassionate radiographers for the healthcare community. Graduates will obtain the knowledge required of an entry-level radiographer and be prepared to successfully sit for the ARRT examination. The program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
The School of Radiologic Technology at RMC is accepting applications until Dec 31, 2013, for the July 2014 program that will start on July 7. It is a full time (M-F from 7am – 3:30 pm), 23 month program. Pre-requisite classes include 15 college credit hours that must include: Speech, Composition, College Algebra, Medical Terminology and Anatomy/Physiology with a lab. Tuition is $5,600 for the entire program along with a $500 activity fee. Books and uniforms are additional costs. If interested or need more information, contact Susan Foster at (816) 276-3390.
Radiology is the branch of medicine that uses x-rays, magnetic energy, nuclear radiation, and ultrasound to visualize the human anatomy and function. The radiologic team is lead by radiologists, physicians who specialize in the interpretation of x-ray images. Radiologic technologists are highly skilled technologists who produce the diagnostic x-ray images and are essential members of the health-care team.
There are many career opportunities available for the radiologic technologist. Many technologists advance their training by learning Cat Scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Interventional Radiography, or Mammography. Usually, additional courses or educational programs are required for ultrasonography, nuclear medicine and radiation therapy. Read our frequently asked questions.
Anim pariatur cliche...
- 23 month certificate program
- Full-time, @ 40 hours/week
- Typical hours of attendance: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Fully accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- Small class size (12 students per year)
- Over 2,100 hours of hands-on clinical education
- Competency-based curriculum
- Housing and financial aid available
- Begins in July each year
- Students completing the program are eligible to sit for the national board examination (ARRT) to become a Registered Radiologic Technologist, R.T.(R)
- Application deadline is December 31 for the following July program
The mission of Research Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is to provide a quality educational program that promotes excellence in Radiologic Technology and produces competent, professional, and compassionate radiographers for the healthcare community. Graduates will obtain the knowledge required of an entry-level radiographer and be prepared to successfully sit for the ARRT examination.
1. The Program will graduate students with skills necessary to be entry-level technologists.
- Students will complete the program within 23 months.
- Graduates will indicate that they are satisfied with their educational program.
- Employers will indicate that they are satisfied with the graduate’s performance.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT certification exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates seeking employment will be employed within 6 months of graduation.
2. The Program will graduate students that are clinically competent.
- Students will perform routine radiographic exams.
- Students will correctly evaluate images for quality.
- Students will appropriately assess and meet patients’ needs.
- Students will practice radiation protection.
3. The Program will graduate students with problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will critique radiographs and make suggestions to improve image quality.
- Students will adapt to varied situations and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Students will apply critical thinking skills to solve imaging problems.
4. The Program will graduate students that will effectively communicate in a health care setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective knowledge of verbal medical communication.
- Students will demonstrate effective knowledge of written medical communication.
5. The Program will facilitate students in the development of high ethical standards and professional growth.
- Students will maintain patient confidentiality.
- Students will continue to develop as medical imaging professionals.
- Students and graduates will conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of 15 post-secondary (college) credit hours with a G.P.A. of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- College Algebra, Anatomy and Physiology with a lab, Medical Terminology, English Composition and Speech.
- Algebra, A and P, and Medical Terminology must have been completed within the last five years.
- HESI entrance examination
- All applicants will be given the HESI examination at the School of Radiologic Technology as part of the application process.
- Starting on January 1, 2015 the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) requires that an applicant have the minimum of an Associate’s Degree in any area of study to take the national Registry exam. This impacts students starting their program in 2013. RMC School of Radiologic Technology has an articulation agreement with North Central Missouri College to obtain an AAS Degree in Radiologic Technology. Please contact Kristi Cutsinger Kristi Cutsinger (KCutsinger@Mail.Ncmissouri.edu) at NCMC for more information.
- Tuition - $5,600 for the two-year certificate excluding the completion of the prerequisites
- Activity free - $500 for the program
- Uniforms - approximately $400
- Books - approximately $1,000
- Application fee - $40
- Upon completion of the program, an examination fee of $200 will be required to take the ARRT certification exam
The program has articulation agreements with the following educational institutions:
North Central Missouri College
Contact: Kristi Cutsinger (email@example.com)
Completion of AS Degree
Contact: Micki Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Completion of BS Degree