Lung Cancer Clinic
Advanced Care for Lung Disease
Midwest Cancer Care patients receive fast diagnosis and effective treatment for lung disease at the Lung Cancer Clinic (formerly the Multidisciplinary Thoracic Clinic), only at Research Medical Center.
Conditions treated at the Clinic include:
- Lung cancer
- Lung metastases
- Evaluation of lung masses
- Tracheal tumors
- Mediastinal tumors
- Thoracic malignancies
The Only One of Its Kind
The Lung Cancer Clinic at Research Medical Center is the only clinic of its kind in the Kansas City metro area. Our team of lung disease and lung cancer specialists includes pulmonologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgeons who are specially trained to care for lungs and other parts of the respiratory system.
The Shortest Distance Between Diagnosis and Treatment
While our current average diagnosis to treatment time is 19 days, the majority of our patients begin their treatment within 7 days after their visit to the lung cancer clinic .
With multiple specialists in the clinic at the same time, our staff is able to coordinate all of your physician consults and begin your treatment within the shortest time possible.
- Take our assessment to find out if you may be at risk for lung cancer
- Learn more about pulmonary and respiratory conditions
- Learn more about lung cancer
- See our flier on lung disease
Through Midwest Cancer Care, the Lung Cancer Clinic participates in bi-monthly case conferences: the team of thoracic specialists reviews cancer cases alongside other professionals such as genetic counselors, pathologists and radiologists.
Thoracic navigators ensure prompt, accurate treatment by coordinating patient care:
- During an appointment, a patient sees each of their specialists, saving time in establishing a treatment plan and beginning treatment.
- Treatment plans are quickly and effectively developed among the specialists. Patients know what their options are sooner and can begin their treatment in days instead of weeks or months.
- Communication to all the physicians is fast and accurate. Thoracic navigators are the point of contact between the patient and the specialists, ensuring that everyone has the same information at the same time.
Our offices are open on the first and third Wednesdays of each month from 8:30 am to 11:00 am.
Lung Cancer Clinic
Midwest Cancer Care
2316 E Meyer Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64132