Procedures & Treatments
Congestive heart failure may be caused by another condition. Treating the underlying condition may improve or cure your congestive heart failure. Lifestyle changes are an important aspect of recovering from CHF, and some of these include:
- Avoid alcohol
- If you smoke, quit
- Lose weight if necessary
- Eat a healthy diet
- Ask your doctor about restricting fluids
- Begin an exercise program
- Weigh yourself every morning so you can detect fluid retention
Other treatments include:
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Percutaneous left ventricular assist device
- Surgical left ventricular assist device
Learn more about the procedures for and treatment of congestive heart failure.
Copyright © 2009 EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.