VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Research Medical Center
When the focus shifts from finding a cure to providing comfort, some patients require around-the-clock symptom management. Research Medical Center and VITAS Innovative Hospice Care®, the nation’s leading provider of hospice, have launched a partnership to provide compassionate end-of-life care for patients with a wide range of life-limiting illnesses.
The VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Research Medical Center is located on the 7th Floor, East. Sixteen private patient rooms offer a restful, home-like atmosphere where pain and other symptoms can be managed efficiently and compassionately.
The unit is staffed 24/7 by VITAS’ experienced hospice team. A hospice physician, licensed nurses, a social worker, chaplain and volunteers all work together to enhance quality of life for patients and support their families.
Special features include:
- 16 private rooms with views of Kansas City
- Modern furnishings, recliners, television and private bathrooms
- Accommodations for family to stay overnight
- A community kitchen on the unit where family can gather
- Family room with computer and internet access
- Quiet room for private time
- Children’s area with games, puzzles and books
- Coffee and tea available throughout the day for visitors
For more information about VITAS hospice services or to refer a patient, call (816) 447-3201.