Obtaining an Estimate
In order to provide insured patients with the most accurate estimate based on your specific plan coverage and prospective services, please contact our Service Center at 1-800-849-0829 and one of our Financial Representatives will be happy to assist you.
Prior To Your Call
Prior to your call, it is important that you contact your insurance company to ensure that the services required are "covered services". In the event that they are not a covered service under your plan, please refer back to our Uninsured information.
You will also need to contact your physician's office to get the specific diagnosis or procedure description.
When you call our Service Center, please have the following information available, so that we can provide you with the most accurate estimate possible:
- Description of services needed - we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of Services needed - we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/Specialist Name - example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon's name.
- Your Insurance Card - please have your card available so that if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder's name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number.
- Policyholder's Personal Information - it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.
During your call, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
Your Hospital Bill
This is how our billing process usually works. A claim will be sent to your insurance company shortly after your services are complete.
After your insurance company receives the claim, the insurance company may contact you for additional information. Please respond to your insurance company's questions as quickly as possible so their payment to us is not delayed.
It usually takes 30 - 45 days for your insurance company to pay your claim. After your insurance company pays us, we will provide you with information about any amount you may still owe.
Please keep in mind that your policy is a binder between you and your insurance company. If you did not follow your insurance plan's terms, they may not pay for all or part of your care.