The Center for the Relief of Pain, a service of the Midwest Neuroscience Institute at Research Medical Center, is dedicated to managing complex pain and improving patients’ quality of life.
Pain is a very real, unique experience. No two people will feel or show pain the same. That’s why we focus on patient diagnosis and education. At the Center for the Relief of Pain, we believe in a patient-centered, evidence based approach to care. Together, we can find a treatment that works best for you.
There are multiple treatment options available today to manage pain. We can employ non-invasive techniques such as medication, physical therapy and psychological therapies or – if necessary – spinal surgery. There are also alternative treatments such as Tai Chi, yoga and acupuncture.
If you have had pain for three months or longer, have previously been treated without relief, or simply feel you are out of options, call us at (816) 363-2500.
Common locations for pain and related symptoms:
- Head and Face – Migraines, Occipital Neuralgia, Cluster Headaches, Atypical Facial Pain, Trigeminal Neuralgia or Post Shingles Pain
- Back - Spinal Stenosis, Herniated Disk or Degenerative Disk Disease
- Arms and Hands - Cervical Radiculopathy, Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or Peripheral Neuropathies
- Chest and Torso - Post Surgery Pain, Chronic Angina or Post Shingles Pain
- Abdomen - Chronic Pancreatitis, Visceral Pain or Post Surgery Pain
Your Pain Management Team
William Rosenberg, MD
Under the medical direction of William Rosenberg, MD, neurosurgeon, each patient receives the unique perspective of an experienced physician with while carefully balancing appropriate conservative treatment for chronic pain relief.
Laura Textor, ACNS-BC, RNC
Clinical Nurse Specialist Laura Textor documents formalized treatment plans and individualized care assessments. She is board-certified as an adult clinical nurse specialist as well as in pain management nursing. Laura has over 30 years of nursing experience and is currently a member and past president of the local chapter of the American Society for Pain Management Nursing.
Your multi-disciplinary team may include physicians from these specialties:
- Physiatry/Physical Medicine
- Palliative Care
- Social Work
- Discharge Planning
- Home Health