Kansas City ER
Research Medical Center provides greater Kansas City with two conveniently located emergency care facilities. Our 24-hour care is available within the main campus and out of a freestanding ER of Brookside. We offer expert care to patients of all ages, and our board certified physicians and specially trained support staff are available day or night. In addition, our facilities provide a range of treatment for patients more serious conditions, including:
- A Level I Trauma Center with multiple ER ambulance bays and two helicopter landing pads
- TCD Level I Stroke Center and Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Emergency and Scheduled Concussion and TIA Evaluation
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with STEMI
- Dedicated Acute Burn Center
- 24-hour orthopedic, spine and hand trauma
- Dedicated Obstetrics Emergency Room
- Level III NICU and High Risk OB Specialists
- Acute Psychological and Behavioral Health Services
- Dedicated critical care and ICU units with board certified physicians
- Top-tier Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Whether you are experiencing a minor emergency or a life-threatening situation, we can provide the emergency care you need.
Top Symptoms Requiring ER Visits
- Head injury or other major trauma
- Heart attack or stroke
- Life-threatening conditions
- Loss of consciousness
- One-sided weakness or numbness
- Open fractures
- Severe bleeding
- Signs of heart attack/chest pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- Uncontrolled pain or bleeding
ER for Children
Research Medical Center offers 24-hour emergency services, the latest technology and a caring staff. Our two pediatric-ready emergency rooms are prepared for your little one's mishaps. In fact, HCA Midwest Health emergency rooms in the Kansas City metro beat the national average for pediatric ER readiness and treat nearly 25,000 kids each year.Kids ER Locations
ER or Urgent Care?
How do you know when a medical condition is serious enough to go to the emergency room? This helpful guide explains the symptoms and conditions that are urgent enough to visit the ER, an Urgent Care, a Walk-in Clinic, or a Doctor's Office. The guidelines can help you decide which healthcare provider makes the most sense for your medical needs, and your budget.ER or Urgent Care Helpful Guide
Fastest Average ER Wait Times
HCA Midwest Health hospitals offer the shortest wait times in the Kansas City area. In fact, our average ER wait times are consistently faster than local and national averages. Plus, we treat more emergencies than any other healthcare system in the region.
2016-17 Averages (Median)
Source: Hospital Compare, July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
Need Health Advice?
Nurses On-Call: For health information and advice from registered nurses who are available 24/7, call (816) 276-6405.
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
*Message and data rates may apply. For more info visit texterhelp.com.