A safe place to receive care that can’t wait
We are committed to the safety of every patient, visitor and caregiver. Our emergency rooms continue to be safe and available for all patients seeking medical attention for urgent health concerns, whether COVID-19 related or not. Headline: Advanced protocols to protect you We have been and will continue to be proactively engaged in the safe management of COVID-19. As part of our larger network, HCA Healthcare, we have put in place infection prevention protocols and safety measures that help protect our patients and colleagues at all of our facilities. One of the many ways we are doing this is by providing masks to anyone entering our hospital or emergency room. For more information visit our COVID-19 Resource Hub.
ER of Brookside
Research Medical Center's Brookside Campus provides Kansas City with 24-hour emergency care at the ER of Brookside. We offer expert care to patients of all ages, and our board certified physicians and specially trained support staff are available day or night for many emergency healthcare situations. In addition, our services are connected with Research Medical Center emergency services and we transfer patients needing care with these more specialized emergency services:
- A Level I Trauma Center with multiple ER ambulance bays and two helicopter landing pads
- TCD Level I Stroke Center and Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Emergency and Scheduled Concussion and TIA Evaluation
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with STEMI * Acute Burn Center
- 24-hour orthopedic, spine and hand trauma
- Dedicated Obstetrics Emergency Room
- Level III NICU and High Risk OB Specialists
- Acute Psychological and Behavioral Health Services
- Dedicated critical care and ICU units with board certified physicians
- Top-tier Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Whether you are experiencing a minor emergency or a life-threatening situation, we can see you for emergency care.
Top Symptoms Requiring ER Visits
- Cuts and wounds
- Breathing problems
- Suspected life-threatening condition
- Loss of consciousness
- One-sided weakness or numbness
- Bone fractures
- Bleeding, bleeding that won't stop
- Signs of heart attack/chest pain
- Severe abdominal pain
- Sudden vision loss or sudden confusion/agitation
ER for Children
Research Medical Center offers 24-hour emergency services, the latest technology and a caring staff. Our two pediatric-ready emergency rooms are prepared for your little one's mishaps. In fact, HCA Midwest Health emergency rooms in the Kansas City metro beat the national average for pediatric ER readiness and treat nearly 25,000 kids each year.Kids ER Locations
ER or Urgent Care?
How do you know when a medical condition is serious enough to go to the emergency room? This helpful guide explains the symptoms and conditions that are urgent enough to visit the ER, an Urgent Care, a Walk-in Clinic, or a Doctor's Office. The guidelines can help you decide which healthcare provider makes the most sense for your medical needs, and your budget.ER or Urgent Care Helpful Guide
HCA Midwest Health hospitals offer short wait times throughout the Kansas City area. Plus, we treat more emergencies than any other healthcare system in the region.
2016-17 Averages (Median)
Source: Hospital Compare, July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
Need Health Advice?
Nurses On-Call: For health information and advice from registered nurses who are available 24/7, call (816) 276-6405.
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
*Message and data rates may apply. For more info visit texterhelp.com.