When you’re recovering from a painful injury, condition or debilitating illness requiring inpatient rehabilitation, where you seek care makes a difference. You want to make sure you’re in a comfortable, healing environment with the right kind of expertise, experience and resources. You want to rehabilitate as quickly and completely as possible, so you can get back to your own home, family and life.
In the Kansas City area, look no further than Research Medical Center. We’re recognized as one of the best in the nation — named a 2014 Top Performer by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation. Our score put us in the top three percent in the world’s largest database for medical rehabilitation outcomes, ranking 774 rehabilitation centers.
In fact, compared to the national average, our patients:
- Are discharged at a higher functional level
- Regain function in a shorter amount of time
- Are more likely to return home after being released
Because all our rehabilitation programs are located within major medical centers, you’ll have access to other medical specialists, the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies, and all the resources of HCA Midwest Health. We’re fully capable of treating severe injuries, conditions and illnesses, including:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neurological conditions
- Other conditions such as cardiac, pulmonary and debility (weakness)
As an inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF), our programs provide intensive therapy beyond what a skilled nursing facility (SNF) can provide. In fact, our inpatient programs provide each patient with nearly twice as many hours of therapy per week than is provided in an SNF. Unlike an SNF, we provide:
- On-site emergency care
- Rehabilitation led by a rehab physician specialist
- 24-hour care and daily consultation with physicians
- One nurse for every four or five patients, compared to 15 to 20 patients per nurse in SNFs
- At least three hours of therapy a day, or 15 hours over seven days
- A well-rounded, experienced multi-disciplinary team approach
- Outcomes are measured against other programs across the U.S.
- Admission from any setting, with no requirement for a hospital stay
- Average length of stay of 12 to 14 days, with more than 70 percent of patients returning to home or to assisted or independent living communities.
As a part of HCA Midwest Health, we draw from skilled experts that include:
- Physical therapists, specializing in building mobility, strength and endurance
- Occupational therapists, who focus on helping you perform the activities of daily living
- Speech pathologists, to help improve speech, language, communication, voice, swallowing and fluency
For referrals or more information about Research Medical Center’s inpatient rehab center, call (816) 223-7893.