Talent and technology for a safe, healthy birth experience.
When you choose to have your baby at Research Medical Center, you can be sure that you and your newborn will be in competent, compassionate hands — in a secure, nurturing, soothing environment.
We’ll make sure you have all the information and support you need to feel confident and comfortable before, during and after giving birth. And you’ll have access to all the resources of HCA Midwest Health, including:
- Modern, comfortable birthing and recovery suites
- Doctors specializing in every aspect of mother-baby care, as well as experienced nurses and support staff dedicated to caring for moms and newborns
- A level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for babies who need advanced care around the clock
- The region’s most comprehensive certified nurse-midwife program
- Surgical suites dedicated to women’s services
- Breastfeeding support to help you and your baby get started successfully
- Prenatal classes for expectant moms
To find out more or schedule a tour of our birthing unit, call (816) 276-3206.
The Latest Birthing Options
The best birth experiences balance a mom’s desire for a unique birth experience with the latest and best practices to keepb everyone safe and healthy. Research Medical Center’s OB program is taking steps to ensure that experience with two new birthing options.
Delayed Newborn Bathing
Experts now say a baby’s first bath should be delayed for 8 to 24 hours, and up to 48 hours if delivered by cesarean section. Delayed bathing reduces the baby’s chances of infection, helps stabilize blood sugar and temperature, promotes mom/baby bonding and can help ease breastfeeding.
Nitrous Oxide for Labor Pain Relief
Research Medical Center is the first hospital in Kansas City to offer nitrous oxide to laboring mothers. Nitrous oxide can replace narcotics or an epidural and is easily administered and controlled by the mother. It wears off quickly, and research shows it to be safe for both mom and baby.