At the HCA Midwest Health Neuroscience Institute, you’ll have access to a multispecialty team—neurologists and neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, physiatrists, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants and other specialists as needed. Our team members, from clinicians to office staff, will treat you and your family with compassion and respect.
We have specialists and technology dedicated to:
- Neurosurgery, a highly specialized field dealing with surgical treatment of the brain, spine or nervous system. Neurosurgeons complete about 15 years of higher education. Our neurosurgeons are fellowship-trained and board-certified, and many are specially trained in minimally invasive procedures with much smaller incisions and faster recovery times than conventional surgery.
- Neurology, the branch of medicine focusing on diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the brain, nerves and spinal cord. Our neurologists are at the top of their field and use advanced technology and extensive experience to pinpoint problems and find the best options for treatment or management.
- Neuroimaging, using advanced techniques and technology to create images of the structure or activity of the brain or other part of the nervous system. Examples are magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), electroencephalogy (EEG), electromyography (EMG), electronystagmography (ENG), evoked potentials and intraoperative EEG monitoring.
- Neuroradiology, this subspecialty of radiology focuses on diagnosing disorders of the brain, spine and nerves using advanced neuroimaging techniques. Neuroradiologists also help perform neurointerventional surgery.
- Neurointerventional procedures, also called endovascular surgical neuroradiology, neurointerventional procedures use advanced imaging and guidance techniques to navigate catheters and other devices through veins and arteries. These minimally invasive techniques can often prevent the need for more extensive surgery, with its increased risks and longer recovery times. We have specialists who are highly trained and experienced in neurointerventional techniques.
- Neuro-oncology, this specialty diagnoses and treats cancers of the nervous system, including the brain and spine.