When your loved one is recovering from a brain injury, stroke, trauma or other debilitating illness requiring inpatient rehabilitation, you want your loved in a comfortable, healing environment with highly-trained rehabilitation health care professionals.
Look no further than Research Medical Center’s Kansas City inpatient rehabilitation facility. We’re recognized as one of the best in the nation — named a 2014, 2015 and 2016 Top Performer by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation. Our patient outcomes put us in the top eight percent in the nation among 800 rehabilitation centers.
In fact, compared to the national average, our patients:
- Are discharged at a higher functional level
- Regain function in a shorter amount of time
- Are more likely to return home after being released
Because our inpatient rehab program is located within a major Kansas City hospital, your loved one will have access to other medical specialists, the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies, and all the resources of Research Medical Center. We are proud to help motivate patients to reach their maximum recovery from:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neurological conditions
- Orthopedic surgery
- Other conditions such as cardiac, pulmonary and debility (weakness)
As an inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) in Kansas City, our programs provide intensive therapy beyond what a skilled nursing facility (SNF) can provide. In fact, our inpatient rehab programs provide each patient with nearly twice as many hours of therapy per week. We offer:
- Rehabilitation led by a rehabilitation physician specialist (physiatrist)
- 24-hour nursing care and daily medical consultation with physicians
- At least three hours of therapy a day, or 15 hours over seven days
- On-site emergency care should it be needed
- A well-rounded, experienced multi-disciplinary therapy team
- Patient outcomes well above national averages
- Average length of stay of 12 to 14 days, with more than 70 percent of patients returning to home or to assisted or independent living communities.
As a part of HCA Midwest Health, we draw from skilled experts that include:
- Physical therapists, specializing in building mobility, strength and endurance
- Occupational therapists, who focus on helping you perform the activities of daily living
- Speech pathologists, to help improve speech, language, communication, voice, swallowing and fluency
For referrals or more information about Research Medical Center’s inpatient rehab center, call (816) 223-7893.
Rehabilitation after stroke may include the following activities, as prescribed by your doctor: