Hosted by The Grossman Burn Center at Research Medical Center
Please join us in Kansas City to share ideas, collaborate with colleagues and improve patient care through education. This conference is designed for all burn care providers, survivors and students.
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- Rehab Services workshop
- ABLS provider course
- Abstracts and poster presentations of regional research projects
Kansas City Marriott Downtown (Muehlebach Tower)
200 W 12th Street,
Kansas City, MO 64105
This program is designed for multidisciplinary burn professionals, including but not limited to: physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, residents, fellows, social workers, case managers, psychologists, nutritionists, child life specialists, burn technicians, pharmacists, firefighters, first responders, students, education outreach personnel and other members of the burn care team.
An orderly, multidisciplinary approach to burn care provides the greatest outcome for patients. Systematic and evidence-based teamwork between disciplines allows for a holistic approach healing from a burn injury. After participating in this activity, participants should have increased knowledge and ability to:
- Discuss current, evidence- and experience-based management of burn wounds
- Discuss issues surrounding the management of the burn patient
- Identify current management strategies for soft tissue disorders
- Discuss quality improvement processes within various burn centers
- Discuss advances in burn reconstruction and laser treatments
- Review and discuss updates to the Midwest region burn disaster plan
CME Accreditation and Credit
Application for approval of CME credit is in process through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
Application for approval of contact hours is in process through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).